Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mac and Cheese

Having raised two girls I've made my share of the boxed Mac and Cheese. I'm not a fan. The smell of that dried cheese is just not appealing to me. Recently, I made some Mac and Cheese as a side dish and now wonder why I ever bothered with the box.

NEED:
Elbow macaroni ( Use what you need to make how much you need. Keep in mind 1 cup uncooked is 2 1/2 cups cooked )
Finely shredded cheese - any flavor you wish
Butter
Milk
Parsley flakes

Cook the macaroni as the box says ( add a splash of oil to keep the noodles from sticking together)

Drain - but leave in the hot pot.

Add cheese...the amount will depend on how many noodles you cooked. Start with 3/4 of a cup. Stir in right away, while the noodles are still hot. If it is not coated enough for you taste add some more cheese.

Once the cheese is mixed in ADD 1/4 cup butter and mix until all blended.

Add 1/8 cup of milk and stir.

Top with a layer of parsley flakes and stir lightly.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this recipe. I frequently experiment with Mac and Cheese and find it a great "comfort" food. Yours was simple and delish!

    Keep those recipes goming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the sharing this great old time favorite recipe of times past.

    ReplyDelete