Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy and Pumped Up Fried Potatoes

I love potatoes...hey, I'm Irish, what else can I say. I do hate to fry them. I can never get the texture I like and have often burned them trying. Finally, I found the answer. Peel and dice them and then par boil them for 6 minutes and then put them in the fry pan. They are nearly done and doing them this way they are melt in your mouth potatoes.

NEED:
4 to 5 medium to large potatoes
Peel and dice them
Put them in a pot large enough to cover them with water
Cooking oil - about 4 to 5 tablespoons - if it seems dry while cooking add one more spoonful
Salt to taste
Cook on medium heat
Once water reaches a boil, cook for 6 minutes then drain and place in fry pan.
Fry pan should be warm to hot. This will keep the potatoes from sticking.
Keep in mind, there will be a bit of splatter as the water hits the oil. It is best to have the pot right against the skillet when pouring the potatoes in. This helps avoid excess splatter.

The best fry pan for cooking potatoes is a heavy one. I use cast iron. Cook over medium heat until done. About another 5 minutes. DO NOT COVER and turn occasionally.

For pumped up potatoes:
I keep leftover for a few days. If no one eats them I'll find a way to to use them.
While the potatoes are boiling, add oil to the fry pan and heat. Dice onion ( use an amount to your taste ) I used about an 1/8 of a cup. Add to fry pan and stir. Then I went to the fridge and found some left over peas and carrots and put them in the fry pan. Now add the potatoes and stir together.
The potatoes are done perfectly and the onion and veggies just gave them a kick.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment