Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fast one skillet meal

Sorry, I haven t been on here for awhile...major computer issue and a number of projects that just didn t allow the time. But I m back, so let s get cooking! I hate the heat....I have window A/C in the house, which helps..but still the kitchen gets hot so I want in and out FAST. This is a great meal and takes very little time. NEED: Potatoes....I use 5 or 6 medium ones Skinless smoked sausage...the type you find in 1 pound sealed packages 1 can of cream of chicken soup water onion - diced carrots - diced peas celery - diced salt pepper thyme garlic powder parsley I pre cook the potatoes. I peel them and quarter them. Place in a pot of water and boil for 10 minutes. *** add salt to the water KEEP IN MIND...ALL SPICES ARE USED ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTES. While the potatoes are boiling cut the sausage in circles. I cut mine about a quarter inch thick. Place them in a large frying pan and heat over medium heat. Put in just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the onion, carrots, peas, celery and spices. Cover for 5 minutes. The water will help "steam" the veggies. Add the soup and stir until blended. ** if the water is all gone you can add about 3 tablespoons more. Drain and add the potatoes. Blend it all together. Reduce heat and let it cook together for about 15 minutes. Its fast, simple and yummy! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment